The Department of Computer Science faculty and staff are committed to creating and sustaining an open, inclusive, equitable, and supportive community that values the individuality and diversity of all its members. This commitment guides our decisions and policies as we strive to create a diverse, equitable, and respectful environment where students, staff, and faculty can thrive. We welcome individuals from all races, nationalities, ethnicities, ages, genders, sexual orientations, backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, religions, identities, and disabilities in the pursuit of advancing computer and information science.
CS Department Code of Conduct
Our shared humanity is fundamental to our collective goals. We affirm that everyone shall be treated with decency and as individuals worthy of care.
We pledge, individually and as a community, to:
- Foster a respectful, safe, accepting, and supportive working environment.
- Honor and support all identities within our community.
- Behave respectfully in one-on-one and group interactions, whether in person, virtual, email, etc.
- Contribute to and welcome open dialogue and constructive criticism.
- Reject all forms of harassment, discrimination, and abuse.
We pledge to take this Code of Conduct seriously by:
- Ensuring department policies and procedures align with this Code of Conduct.
- Providing support to wronged person(s) in accordance with University policy.
- Continuously working to improve our department's culture.
Women in Computer Science (WiCS)
- UO statement on Respectful Workplaces
- CAS Diversity & Inclusion
- Resources for Easing Friction and Stress:
- Nontraditional Students
- Multicultural Center Student Unions
- UO Equity and Inclusion Resources
CS Department DEI Committee
The DEI committee works to foster and support a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of faculty, students, and staff. The committee includes faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students and meets monthly during the academic year. Students who are interested in serving on the committee should contact the DEI committee (email@example.com) or CS department head.
Please use our suggestion box to share with us your suggestions about how we might improve our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
Note: The suggestion box is currently under development to ensure security and, when preferred, anonymity. In the meantime, please feel free to contact the Department Head or the DEI Committee team.